Saturday, November 26, 2011

Urban Decay's Ammo Palette Review

I've had the Urban Decay Ammo for a while now and I thought I would make today's post a bit of a reviewtorial. 

This palette runs around 40 bucks depending on where you buy it. You can find it on Sephora.com for $38.00. The palette shown below has 10 shadows and two eye shadow wands. 


When I first saw this palette I loved it. Not only does it have a few BRIGHT shades like Shattered and Last Call, It has some great neutrals like Smog and Sin. These can be great for making a smokey eye. I would pair Last Call with Smog and Sin for a soft feminine look. If you have the NAKED Palette you already have these shades but you could never have too much of them. 

I wore this palette yesturday and I used Shattered and Oil slick to do a slightly smokey look. 


After putting on my Foundation, Concealer and Powder I used my NYX HD eye shadow primer all over my lid. 

I applied Polyester Bride to the inner corner of my eye and under the inner corner of my lower lashes to brighten my eyes.

I applied Shattered all over my eyelid and blended it into the corner with the Polyester Bride shade. 

Using a small crease brush (My favorite is the ELF pro crease brush 1.00 on ELF's website.) I applied Oil Slick to my crease and worked it up into an outter v.  Using a blending brush I blended the colors together to make a softer look. I also softened the edges.

I topped my eyes with a thick line of Maybelline Master Drama Liner in black and two coats of Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. 



I love how it turned out. It's soft but has a punch of color too. 

This palette Rocks. I love the range of colors and the quality of Urban Decay is great. UD's shadows are pigmented and smooth. They blend ultra easy and are put together in palettes that work together perfectly. 

The Ammo palette is a great starter palette for anyone who hasn't had a lot of experience with Urban Decay. 

I suggest everyone try out Urban Decay at least once. 

What do you think of this look? Is there a look or product that you would like to see or have a review on? Drop me a line in the comments section and ill see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment