Friday, November 11, 2011

Sample Love...

I love Sample sized products. Its a great way to try out a high end product without spending a fortune on something that might not even work for you. 

I have this huge obsession of buying beauty samples online from places like eBay and trying out the product. So here is my little Sample pot that i received in the mail over the last few days. There are products from some great high end Makeup lines. 


1. Lancome Hypnose Mascara - Black
2. Sephora Atomic Volume  - Black
3. Lancome Juicy Tues Ultra Shiny lip Gloss - Simmer
4. Tarte Provacateur Pressed Mineral Powder - Light 04
5. Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow - Daylight, Color Du Jour, Gaze, Lezard

Here's My Break Down:

1. Lancome Hypnose Mascara - I like the brush of this Mascara. Its packed with bristles and looks to me that it will fan out the lashes well. I have only used the product once so after a few days i will post a Product review. 



2. Sephora Atomic Volume - Ive been using this for 5 or 6 days now and i must say i really like the product. I don't find that it add much volume but it does work really well with the length of my lashes. The formula isn't too think/dry and it isn't too wet either. I Find it quite easy to build on two coats without it it getting too clumpy. The only problem i have with it ( other than it being volumizing and it adding no volume to my lashes) is that i find it kinda flaky at the night end. i like a mascara that i can wipe my eye when i get sleepy and not have to worry about getting bit an pieces of mascara in it.   

3. Lancome Juicy Tubes in Simmer
I used it today and i kinda like it. It is a little bit sticky but not to the point where you don't want to wear it. Its a light pearly pink color that's almost like a nude but a tiny bit pinker. I think it ill be a great gloss to cover a more brighter shade of lipstick or to top a nude lip stain. While the gloss is great and feels great on your lips. I don't know if i would pay 18.00 bucks for a tube of lip gloss that i could probably get a dupe for from ELF or a drugstore brand. But all in all quite a nice product. 

4. Tarte Provacateur Pressed Mineral Powder - Light 04

I love this Stuff! this is a great powder to wear on its own for a light-medium coverage day whee you don't feel like putting on your full makeup routine or use it top your foundation and concealer to set the whole look. 

this goes on so smooth you would swear that its actually making your skin softer. Its easy to blend and apply and well wort the money to buy the full sized Product. 

You can pick it up at Sephora.com

5. Lancome Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow - I haven't used these yet but the did swatch quite nicely. They are a more softer eye shadow instead of the more pigmented ones you can get. i envision a very soft sweet eye o a more blended out smokey eye using the darker brown in the bottom left with the lighter shades. Is it worth it? While the quality of the product is great. its super soft and blends easy. i would like something more pigmented. I like having the option of wearing something softly or making it more dramatic. Especially for around $42.00 bucks. for that price i could buy 6 wet & wild palettes.


Well, that's the Ins and Outs of it. Some Products are great and others are Ok. If I had unlimited cash i would probably pick up the full sizes of each but I''m a mom. My money goes to Toy Story toys and bubble gum. When I'm going to spend my hard earned cash on stuff for myself, I want to be sure that the product will do some good and be in my collection in a position to be used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment