Monday, November 14, 2011

Quo On the Go Palette Tutorial (All Drugstore)

At Shoppers Drug Mar the carry a brand called Quo. Right now they have the cutest make u kits and Palettes out for the holidays I picked to the On The Go Palette and decided to do an All Drugstore Makeup look with it. The Palette is quite pretty. Its a little shimmery but it has a few very nice browns in it. This palette has three eye shadows, 1 blush,and 3 lipsticks. It also come with a mirror and two little brushes to apply it all. 

This palette cost me 15.00 at shoppers and i think its worth it. 


In this look I used all drugstore products. At the end of this post there will be a list of everything I used. The only thing I used that wasn't drugstore was the brushes which I bought from ELF at eyeslipsface.com 

Here is my Base Face in which I already applied my Foundation, Concealer, Powder and Bronzer. You can see that I Conoured my cheeks a little with the NYC Sunny Bronzer. I don't have the most prominent Cheek bones so i find doing this brings them out a little. Not the most attractive picture :)  but you get the point! Keep checking back for a  post on how to contour your face!


The three eye shadows are a shimmery off white color that is great for a highlight and a base shade. The middle shade is a medium shimmery brown that is very warm. The third is a darker brown that is also shimmery. I used the light as a base, the medium o the middle and outer of my lid and the darker in my crease and as an outer V. 

I lined my upper lid with a brown liner in a very thin line. I also think you could wing the liner out and it would look really nice. I didn't do this. I lined the outer side of my bottom lashes and smudged it with my finger. I topped it with two coats of mascara and i was done with the eyes. 

I applied the blush on the apple of my cheeks and worked towards my temples. I like this blush. Its very soft and complementary for my pale skin.

The lipsticks are just OK to me. There is a light peachy nude color that I used in this look over the nude lip pencil. The middle color is very metallic and I cant find a reason why I would wear it on its own. I may use it under a lip gloss to counter act the shininess. The darker color is quite nice and i can myself using it with a very simple eye. I don't normally wear dark browns but i'm trying to try new looks. 


 I like this look. Its warm and appealing and i think it make my brown eyes pop. 


 I also tried the look with my hair down and a little wavy and my bangs pinned back. I think both looks are nice but i think i like it up better. 


I took a few pics up close so you could see the eyes better.


I look like i have a giant nose in this hahahaha
As you can see these colors blend really well. And the colors are really nice. The only down fall i think is the metallic lipstick in the top middle. I personally wont use it. It's too bold for me. 15.00 bucks for this palette in a good deal. The quality is quite nice and ive been wearing it for 6 1/2 hours and its still going strong. So longevity is good also. I think ill use this palette enough to warrant the 15.00 price. I's a great alternative to higher end palettes. 

Let me know what you think of this look and if you've tried this Palette.  


What i used in this look:
Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in 002
Revlon Colorstay in Buff
Hard Candy Glamoflauge
Milani Multitasker Powder in Light
Milani Brown fix
NYC Smooth Face Bronzer in Sunny
NYX HD Eye lid primer
LAncome Hypnose in Black
Quo On The Go Palette

No comments:

Post a Comment