It will be no surprise to you all that I enjoy a dramatic eye. So I decided to switch it up and show you guys a soft work inspired look using Coastal Scents Go Palette in Beijing.
It's always great to have few softer looks in your pocket for when you need to tone it down a bit and look effortless. In this look I will use rather inexpensive products that you can get at any Drugstore or on CoastalScents.com
The Go Palette is available on CoastalScents.com for $8.95 and if definitely worth the bucks. You get 12 very pigmented shade in an easily carried palette. All the shade work great together and there are a lot of choices o pick from. I have the Beijing and Moscow. In this i'm using Beijing which is earthy browns and pinks. I adore the combination of pink and brown together!
As you can see the look is very minimal and natural. I like this look because its simple and quick but polished as well. You could easily do this with a variation of many products that you already have.
I always start my makeup by moisturizing and applying a primer. The primer of the day is Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro in 002
- First i applied my foundation all over my face. I used Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff. This is a great base for the concealer and bronzer which I applied next. I like to dab my foundation on my chin cheeks and forehead and them blend outward with a damp sponge. I like using a sponge better than a brush because i get better control than if i use a brush. Maybe i just haven't found a brush that i love yet.
- Once my foundation is applied i used Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Light around my eyes and my nose. I also have whats seems to be a chicken pock mark under my left eye so i cover that as well. I love Glamoflauge! I`ve said it a million times!
- After my Concealer a top with a light dusting of powder to set y foundation. I used Revlon ColorStay pressed powder in light. Than i applied a light dusting of NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Summer to add a bit of color. I just left both out of the picture below by accident.
- When doing my eyes i applied a small dab of NYX HD eyelid Primer to my lids to create a great base. This is probably my favorite primer for my lids. You get lots of product and lots of staying power for just 7 bucks! GREAT DEAL!
- I started my eye look by applying the light pink shade shown in the top row of the palette. This is the third from the left. I wish the palette had color names on them but they don't. But the color is Called Pink Salmon. I put this all over my lid with a flat shadow brush and blend a little into the crease.
- I than use the medium brown show in the bottom third from the left in my Crease. This shade is called Antique Chocolate Burgundy. I apply this in a back and forth motion with a small crease brush. I used my 1.00 ELF Pro crease brush.
- Using a fluffy bare crease brush I blended out the rough edge to make it blend all the way to my brow.
- Now it`s time for liner! I used my Maybelline Master Drama in Midnight Master which is basically black. I always sharpen this automatic liner because I wanted a fine line. I started right at the inside tear duct and worked out applying the liner as close to the lashes as I can. I also winged it out slightly.
- I applied two coats of Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Black to my lashes and my eyes are done.
- Once my eyes are done i go in with two dots of Coastal Scents Bright Eyes to brighten my under eyes. It has a great pink salmon tone that just brightens up the eyes.
- As for lips I lined and filled in the sides of my lips with Wet N Wild Burgundy Wine. I leave a small opening in the middle of my lips to give them some dimension. Than topped with Rimmel Stay Glossy in NON Stop Glamour.
PHEWF! That took forever to write out! I think I may go into detail to much!! :)
I really like the look. It looks easy, Soft and Feminine.
Here are some closer looks!
(Excuse my brows! Im growing them out for the winter to get them shaped again! )
Thanks for tuning in and I hope you like this look and try it out!